Friday, April 15, 2011

Jace the Mind Sculptor should be ___________

We are going to play Magic the Gathering Mad Libs. I will help out a little bit, but fill in the blanks with what's in your heart. Ready? Okay:

Jace the Mind Sculptor should  __________ (noun that rhymes with "manned" and can be prefaced with the word "not be" or "be" if you'd like). I mean, he is played in every format. Is he ________ (adjective that, when misspelled looks like "borken")? No. Is he abusable? ____ (noun, the opposite of "No").  He certainly is too expensive for the common player to play him. In short, is Jace the Mind Sculptor the next to hit the banned list? ______ (Put your own answer here....Yes? No? Panda? Your choice).


Wasn't that fun!? No? Well.....want a fun fact to make up for it?

At Grand Prix Dallas, in the top 16 decks there were 60 Jace's. There were more Jace's being played at this Grand Prix then there were basic lands.

.......!?!??!?!??!?!??!?!?!??!


Sorry I just fell out of my chair. Did I just read what I wrote 30 seconds ago correctly? Yes. It was reported that Jace is the end all be all of standard right now. So this brings up the question. Should he be banned? Well, if you take a look at the other cards that were banned, they kind of follow the same pattern and the best one I can bring up is Sensei Divining Top. When top was around, every deck ran it. It slowed the game and it created an unhealthy combo environment (Counterbalance I'm looking at you). By banning the top it shook up the environment and created a healthier tournament scene.

Now, in my own personal opinion, I do NOT think Jace should be banned.....yet. We are coming up to a new set with a very obvious planeswalker silver bullet. Also, the Zendikar block will rotate in about 6 months so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Albeit, a long, expensive, Squadron Hawk (oh for god's sake, they are making it a FNM promo. FML) infested tunnel.

So hang in there buddy. 6 months isn't that far away. So start investing in those Green Sun's Zenith (because they are borken), Phyrexian Crusader's  (I actually played with these for the first time the other day and they are SOOOOOOOO good. First Strike and Infect is the greatest one two punch ever. Plus I had to rub it in Mike's face when he tried to Swords to Plowshares  my crusader...fail) and Hex Parasites (simply because they will ruin your day). You have plenty of time. Black/Green: You won't regret it.






No comments:

Post a Comment