Monday, March 14, 2011

The first.

While sitting and thinking about my life, sobbing softly, I thought about how I needed a way to get some of my creative ideas about Magic the Gathering on paper. So, in my infinite nerdiness, The Howling Mine was born. This blog is for ideas about decks, tournaments that I would participate in, cube drafts, booster drafts, EDH matches and other fun thoughts that I can write down.

So, now that we have that established, let me introduce myself: My name is Wilson Fisher. I live in Oakland and work as a tournament director at the Berkeley Chess School. I moved to the bay area in the summer of 2010. I had a pretty strong group of gamers back in my hometown and I would play in weekly tournaments (be it draft, FNM or cube drafts) but then when I moved to the bay area, I didn't have much of a gaming group. I would try to get in a tournament here and there, but it was pretty fruitless. I found a group of players through a co-worker and from there, I have made different connections with other players in the area. These days, it's pretty hard to get in a casual night of gaming without 6-10 gamers showing up.

We have a gaming session tonight, so I will be posting again later on tonight with some of the results.


2 comments: